If you're like me most browser context (right-click) menus feel a little crowded. Opera in particular has many great menu options, but sometimes a slimmer version would be appreciated. This minimalist mod brings context menus back to just the essentials. The result is almost Safari-like in it's simplicity, without losing any Opera goodness.
All the original items are left in the modified .ini menu file, but commented out with a semi-colon. If you prefer any of the original items feel free to uncomment them back by removing the semi-colon.
Compatible with both Windows and OSX.
Lil Bub is perpetually amazed.
- Simplified the most commonly used context menus (Mail menus are as yet left untouched)
- Removed 'Translate' context menu sub menu and replaced it with a single Translate bookmarklet item that translates any selected text to English, or if no text is selected the entire web page.
- Added an optional 'Dictionary' item for launching the Windows dictionary app Wordweb (uncomment the line on 1034 to activate, change path if needed)
- Removed 'Open All Folder Items' from bookmark folder menus
- Added View Source item to View menu for quicker access
- Added 2 hidden custom menu items for some custom buttons I created.
- Go to Opera's profile folder (paste the following into the address bar to check location):
- Open the 'menu' folder (if it doesn't exist create a folder named 'menu') and place the attached 'laurenbacall_mod.ini' in that folder.
- Now open Preferences>Advanced>Toolbars and under 'Menu setup' select the laurenbacall mod.
Last update: 2012-11-21